At Home STEM Challenge #1 (November 22 – December 6)
Goal: Build the tallest tower possible out of 10 index cards and submit your design!
- 10 3”x5” index cards
- Measuring tool such as yardstick, or tape measure
- You can: fold the cards, stack the cards, cut the cards, roll the cards
- You cannot: use tape/glue/staples or use any other materials besides the 10 index cards.
- The structure must be entirely supported by a flat surface, the one that you measure the final height from. The structure can’t be glued, taped, stapled, or attached to the surface in any way.
- The tower should stand on its own.
- Tallest Tower: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place announced for K-4th grade, and 5-8th grade.
- Most Creative Solution: 1 winner for K – 8th Grade.
Guided Notes (optional):
You may choose to follow along the engineering design process guided notes if that helps with coming up with ideas.
How to Submit:
Fill out this Google form: https://forms.gle/2oQh2bt9teRhBoR69